Wednesday, December 17, 2014

We Need More NA

Hi, it's been awhile. But that's the price you pay when you start college.

I love YA, don't get me wrong, but I don't connect with YA characters as much now that I'm in college. I want to see more NA, new adult, books that deal with struggles college students face. Not only would it be relatable, but it would be so realistic.
I have only come across a few NA writers and frankly, all of the books are centered around college students who's biggest problem is who they're going to hook up with. Not all college students worry about that though. What about pressures? Career choices? Making new friends?
The possibilities are endless and none of them are really covered. I would love to write the next best NA novel, but unfortunately, I have not experienced college life quite yet. There is still so much to learn. And it would beneficial for college students to hear that from an author who is well-versed in their college experiences. Maybe they went through a period when they had no idea what they wanted to do with their lives. That is what I want to read about. Not how much a college student parties, or hooks up or experiences drugs. Sure there can be instances of that, but those aren't pressing issues. We all go through something. NA is so limited I feel. It is considered NA because they are college aged students who deal with issues such as sex. But that's not to say that that has to be the main issue.
Just my thoughts. Although, I am not discouraging any sexual aspects of a book because I love romance as much as the next girl

What do you want to read about it NA????

On the other hand, here are a few NA authors I would recommend who I absolutely enjoy reading: Jennifer L Armentrout, Rainbow Rowell, Alyssa Rose Ivy, Dahlia Adler,Leighann Kopans, Kelly Oram, Anna Katmore,....if you have any, please recommended them to me so I can read them. :)

Now I shall shamelessly share my link to a wattpad story I'm writing that is considered NA.
http://www.wattpad.com/story/23099936-undercover-fangirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...