Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Mockingjay Part 1

UP, UP, UP. IT'S A BIG, BIG DAY!

Yes, Mockingjay is hitting theatre this week and I for one am over the moon excited!
Although, I am not excited to see Peeta hijacked or Gale try to vie for Katniss's love.
What I am excited to see is the character development. Mockingjay is all about character development for Katniss Everdeen. You have seen her fight before, but this time it is different. She is bringing down the Capitol. We get to see Peeta, but in a whole new light.
Despite my deep hatred for Gale, I am interested to see his character more in action in this movie.
Finnick....oh Finnick. Unfortunately, we will only be seeing him one last time. I am curious about the part when he tells Katniss about how he was sold to the Capitol for sex. Poor Finnick.
Then we have Effie and Haymitch. They too are broken. I am ecstatic to see more of Effie without her Capitol personality. The movie made a great decision in broadening her role in Mockingjay. Lastly, Haymitch. He is angry in this movie, and I am finally rooting for him. He is broken as well; we don't get to fully see that in the other movies because he is always drunk.
So....get your tissues ready because I have a feeling there will be a lot of tears shed during this movie. And remember, may the odds be ever in your favor.
Comment below on what you are most excited to see in Mockingjay Part 1? Favorite Scene in book? Character?
And of course, sound off below if you will be at the midnight premiere at your local theatre. I will be for sure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...