Friday, July 25, 2014

"Biggest Flirts" by Jennifer Echols


Biggest Flirts (Superlatives, #1)I was really disappointed with this book. I have read some of her other works and absolutely loved them. The main characters hooked up the first chapter and they didn't even know one another. *eye roll*
Tia was so annoying. Literally all she did throughout this book was round the bases with boys, complain, get drunk, and smoked weed. She had no substance as a character. I almost found myself feeling sorry for her,almost. Tia did not have any character development either. It wasn't until the last page that she finally agreed to settle down. LAST PAGE. 
Will was also kind of annoying. He wasn't this kind, thoughtful boy because no kind and thoughtful boy would hook up with some random chick. Nope, that's called being a hormonal teenage boy. So sick of that in characters. Literally, I think the only reason I liked him was because he was so resilient. Other than that, he was so bland. BOOOORING.
I did like Tia's friends: Kaye and Harper. They had what was not evident in Tia: morals. :0
This book just didn't give me that silly smile I expect from YA contemporary. There were some funny parts, but besides that, it just wasn't what I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...