Sunday, February 8, 2015

Book Review: Losing the Ice

Title: Losing the Ice
Author: Jennifer Comeaux
Genre: NA Contemporary
Pages: about 108
Recieved: ARC from the author
Format: Kindle ebook
Published: February 23 
Stars: 4.5/5


Book Description:
Courtney and Josh are in love and excited to finally compete as skating partners. When they take the ice for their first competition, they want to show everyone, especially Josh's family, they are the perfect pair. But ice is slippery, and one misstep puts all their dreams in jeopardy. Now they must show each other both their love and their partnership are strong enough to survive.

My review:
*WAS GIVEN ARC FOR EXCHANGE OF HONEST OPINION*
There's a lot I can say but it would mostly be me gushing. 
I first picked up Life on the Edge my junior year of high school; I was going through a romance genre phase. Well, I fell in love with Comeaux's writing and characters. So, I kept up with the series. Fortunately,two years later and I am still loving the romance genre.
I can't remember much of "Crossing the Ice" but I remembered how much I swooned over Josh. Again, I swooned over him in "Losing the Ice". Courtney is so full of sass, which I greatly appreciate. Their relationship made me so happy and I cannot tell you enough how much I adored the book. Sure there were parts were I was frustrated with Josh, but he still won me over. 
I hated Josh's parents so bad. He doesn't deserve to have such wicked parents because he's so sweet. Stephanie won me over in this book too. 
I am trying so hard to not post spoilers!
Comeaux's romance writing is my personal romance writing goals. Her writing is so lyrical and beautiful. I also love the fact that while it is NA, she doesn't over-do it with sexytimes. Although, it does get a little heated. ;p
I cannot wait for the third book of the series and any other series that she writes. I am definitely a fan! Keep up with your writing because your romances are just perfect!
My only problem with this book was that it was too short. I want more Josh and Court! But we'll be getting more of them, so yay!
A must read for romance lovers.
Also, be prepared to cry....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...