Monday, March 23, 2015

I read it...I read Fifty Shades of Grey


Jamie Dornan ∞ (@JamieDornan4eva), Christian Trevelyan Grey

I promised myself ten times over that I would never read Fifty Shades of Grey, but dang pop culture!

Title: Fifty Shades of Grey
Author: EL James
Stars: 3/5
Genre: Erotic Romance
Published: 2011

My review: (A bit long, but 100% honest)
Ok, the more I have been thinking about it, the more that I need to express my thoughts.
I started this as a source for my research paper on romantic literature through the ages. So, I was really dreading reading this because I heard so much crap about it. In fact, I was ant-Fifty Shades up until like two weeks ago. I swore I would never read it and I swore that I would hate it if I did.
The truth is, it wasn't that bad. Yes, the writing was pretty bad. Christian was a major jerk. Ana had no back bone. There was too much smut, not enough resolution. I laughed my way through the first 100 pages. It was silly! Besides all that, it was a fairly decent book. I think the plot was good, but there wasn't enough development of it per say.

Christian Grey, how you piss me off so. I hated him from the beginning. He was an arrogant...um man. Trying to keep this review PG. I knew from the beginning that he was a slim ball. Then he became more unlikable. Showing up at Ana's apartment after graduation uninvited and then...punishing her...Dude lay off. Then he followed her to Georgia after she told him she needed space. This man needs therapy of some kind. When he took her gliding, I started warming up to him. I was like aw and then he messed up. DANG THE BELT. I know that he has problems though, so I'll try not to bash him so hard. Honestly, he creeped me out hard core.

Anastasia Steele: Brainless, so over the top blind to Mr. Grey. She was a weak character and I was hoping for some character growth,but there was none. She sounded like me in the beginning: book nerd, hopeless romantic, and same career moves. That's where the similarities end. Her relationship with Grey was disgraceful because he never respected her. She was weak in his hands, so blind to his demons. This upset me because she was so careless. I'm glad she left him at the end, but we all know that she doesn't really.

Also, stop with the formalities. "Sir" "Mr" "Miss". We all know that it's creepy, yeah?

Nonetheless, I will continue with the series because it grew on me. I know, shocking!

Also...Mr. Grey isn't so bad looking...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...